Normadene Carpenter Award 2019
HONORING CHARLIE DOWNS
On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at Boeger Winery, we celebrated the many achievements of Charlie Downs. The weather was perfect and all who attended enjoyed wonderful music, great food, and pleasant company. Thank you to all our attendees, and stay tuned for the announcement of 2020's Normadene Carpenter Award recipient!
Born in Grand Forks, North Dakota, and raised in Montrose, California, Charlie Downs has worked in the architecture field since the early 1970’s. He moved to Placerville in 1978, and established his own firm in 1981. He established Murray & Downs AIA Architects, Inc., with Ed Murray in 1985, which became ANOVA Architects, Inc., in 2007. ANOVA joined forces with Architectural Nexus in 2011, with a focus primarily on healthcare, research facilities, K-12 and higher educational projects, and civic and federal projects.
He has served on numerous boards, committees, and commissions in the area, and his architectural projects—especially hospitals and schools—have touched innumerable lives, and his approach to healthy, energy-efficient buildings reflects his commitment to environmental stewardship.
Charlie and his wife Nancy Steckley (and their three dogs) live in Camino, where they love to garden and enjoy the recreational opportunities that living on the western slope of the Sierra provides.
LEVELS OF SUPPORT FOR PATRON GIVING
In honor of Charlie’s favorite architects
Patron levels include complimentary tickets to the event, where we’ll serve delicious heavy hors d’oeuvres by Old Town Grill Catering and outstanding wines by Boeger Winery. In addition, patron levels include the opportunity to congratulate Charlie and celebrate the arts in the tribute pages of our event program.*
FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT
- Includes 12 complimentary tickets to the event with reserved seating, a tribute page on the inside front or inside back cover of the program, and a full-page acknowledgment in the summer issue of Arts 99, our quarterly journal of arts and culture.
- Includes 10 complimentary tickets to the event and a tribute page on the inside front or inside back cover of the program.
- Includes 8 complimentary tickets to the event and a full tribute page inside the program.
- Includes 6 complimentary tickets to the event and a one-half tribute page inside the program.
- Includes 4 complimentary tickets to the event and a one-quarter tribute page inside the program.
- Includes 2 complimentary tickets to the event.
- Includes 1 complimentary ticket to the event
*Arts and Culture El Dorado will design the tribute page according to your specifications, or you may provide your own design. All gifts or pledges will be recognized in the event program. Tickets sold individually at $50 per person.
Please make checks payable to Arts and Culture El Dorado, P.O. Box 2400, Placerville, CA 95667
Tax ID # 68-0049447