ARTS AND CULTURE EL DORADO RACIAL EQUITY STATEMENT
As the arts agency designated by the Board of Supervisors of El Dorado County to be the State-Local Partner with California Arts Council, Arts and Culture El Dorado embraces its role in nurturing racial equity throughout the County, not just in terms of arts and culture but in as many elements of society in which racial inequity is identified.
We acknowledge that El Dorado County has a diverse population that includes people whose ethnic background or citizenship status are varied and who do not represent the majority white/Caucasian population, but whose contributions to our communities are of equal value.
We commit to diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and the arts communities we serve.
We therefore pledge to:
- Consider, when developing programs and services, whether they contain any overt or hidden inequities, and offer programs and services that celebrate diversity but remain inclusive.
- Create a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace in which all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feel valued and respected. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our board, staff, committees, and advisory bodies.
- Lead with respect and tolerance.
- Advocate for public and private-sector policy that promotes diversity, inclusion, and equity, and challenge systems and policies that create inequity, oppression and disparity.