Flux Youth Arts
Build community, make art, be in a virtual exhibition.
Inviting all MAKERS ages 14-19!
Work with local artists across creative mediums to develop your own piece. Tell your stories of living in a time of pandemic and social unrest.
What have you lost and gained in this moment? What is it like to stare down adulthood in 2021 and beyond? What do you see clearly that you feel older generations do not?
-Embodied storytelling/dance with Tiffany Van Camp
-Intuitive collage with Alison Tomei
-Songwriting with Annah Anti-Palindrome
-Oral storytelling/Improv with Andrew Vonderschmitt
-Creative Writing with Darin Coelho
VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS BEGIN MARCH 2021
EXHIBITION SHOWS BEGIN MAY 2021
- 3/1 Zoom meet and greet with makers and teaching artists
- 3/15 Skill share workshop recorded and uploaded to Arts and Culture website
- Pre-recorded, so students can watch and explore on their own schedule, at their own pace
- 4/19 Creative support - live Zoom with teaching artists and makers, to support the creative process
- 5/3 Exhibition submission deadline for student artwork to Arts and Culture
- 5/10 Virtual exhibition open for public viewing