Tell us a little about yourself. NOTE: Type your bio in third person (use your name, and personal pronoun instead of "I").
To Submit an Artwork:
• You must be 14 – 19 years of age
• You must be a resident of El Dorado County
• Your artwork must directly respond to the societal changes and challenges of the past year
• Your work must be submitted in full via this submission form by 11:59pm on Monday, May 3rd, 2021
• Installation art can be entered in the form of a video or photographic documentation.
• All work will be submitted via this form.
• Students are NOT required to have signed up for a FLUX Workshop to submit artwork.
• All entries must be original artworks.
• Any media of any size may be entered but only one still image of the work will be used.
• Works deemed "inappropriate" for public display by Arts and Culture El Dorado may not be exhibited.
• Videos and time-based media have a recommended length of 3 minutes or less. Video entries that exceed 3 minutes may not be viewed in their entirety. Original music is strongly recommended due to copyright laws.
• Video entries must be posted online (Vimeo or YouTube are recommended) and a URL must be provided in the "Link to Artwork" during the online submission process.
• Song entries should be submitted in video format.
File Type/Size Rules:
• All works must be submitted via our online form located here.
• Artworks must be hosted on a separate file sharing site (Drop Box, Google Drive etc).
• Videos must be uploaded on YouTube or Vimeo.
• Still images should be jpeg file format.
• Written entries should be PDF file format.
• Photographs should not exceed 5 mb, nor be smaller than 1 mb. However you will not be disqualified if you go over file size. Images smaller than 1 mb will likely not display properly.
FLUX Youth Arts is created as a SAFE space for all participants and viewers. Therefore, FLUX maintains the right to determine which works of art best uphold the values of safety and respect for this exhibit. Any subject matter that is hateful, items, symbols, or themes that may represent racism, prejudice, profanity, or of a violent or lewd nature are not appropriate for this exhibit.
If under age 18, adult signature required:
I represent that I am the (father, mother, guardian) of the above named child. I hereby consent to the below on his/her behalf.
By this signature, I shall hold harmless Arts and Culture El Dorado its agents or employees from any and all liability in the acquisition, storage, transportation, or exhibition of this work of art. I hereby grant to Arts and Culture El Dorado permission to display on their website and affiliate sites, the news media or electronically via the Internet or in other displays, the art work (described in this form) submitted by me or my child in conjunction with his/her participation in the 2021 FLUX Youth Arts Exhibit. By signing this release, I consent that my/my child’s artwork, name, age, and short biography may be displayed by Arts and Culture El Dorado, allowing this information to be viewed by the general public. I hereby release and discharge Arts and Culture El Dorado from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the artwork. I have read the foregoing and fully understand the contents thereof.