The Art Partners Program is a partnership between artists, venues, and Arts and Culture El Dorado. Its goal is to create rotating art exhibitions in El Dorado County institutions where artwork can transform the space. The program empowers artists by giving them a broader audience while connecting them to institutions interested in promoting the arts community in the region.
Currently Art Partners supplies art for the Board of Supervisor's Meeting Chambers located at 330 Fair Lane, Building A, in
Placerville. Artwork will be on display for 4-6 months at a time.
- Currently we are only able to accommodate framed artworks
- Artwork must have wire hanging system on the back
- Cannot be larger than 4 x 4 feet
- Must be light enough that one person can hang and adjust the artwork
- Must be 'family friendly' (ie: no nudes, gore, or violence depicted)
- You must be present at the hanging and change over of artwork - Arts and Culture El Dorado cannot store your artwork for any length of time. We will work with you on scheduling a switch that works for all parties involved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I sell my art? Yes! Arts and Culture El Dorado encourages artists to sell their pieces if they want. We will not take a cut of the sale, but the artist must handle the transaction. When your artwork is up, we can provide contact information for an interested party to reach out to the artist about selling a piece. However, the artwork must remain on the wall until the display period is over.
How long will my artwork be up? Artwork will be on display for 4-6 months at a time.
What are the hanging requirements? Artwork must be framed and have a wire hanging system on the back. We request that art be no larger than 4 x 4 feet.
Are there medium requirements? We are currently only able to accept 2D art made in any medium – prints and photography are acceptable – and there are no limitations on how long ago the artwork was created.
I was an Art Partner a while ago, can I participate again? Yes!
I’m interested! How do I apply? Easy – click the button below and fill out the form.